INDIVIDUAL CAREER STRATEGY
JOB SEEKER, JOB CHANGER, from student to middle manager to CEO, even if you are a M.D., J.D., Post Doc or Ph.D, we work with everyone across all industrIes.
Below are examples of some questions we ask when getting to know you and why you are seeking support.
1. what are your obstacles? Communications, Job Search, Marketing, Interviewing, Industry Change, or Other?
2. Are you sending the same resume & cover letter, after a little cutting & pasting? And even though you are receiving no responses, why are you still doing that?
3. How do you communicate your goals, brand and value externally?
4. How many jobs do you intend to have over the course of your career?
5. Do you need something to provide an income during this process?
1. You already have a job, solid income & comfort, so why are looking elsewhere? What is currently available in your industry/field/job market?
2. How do you compare to others in your industry/field/job market?
3. Have you looked within the organization for growth opportunities? And have you considered or tried to speak to your boss or higher up regarding evolving with the org.?
4. Is your comfort or your fear getting in the way of your career evolution? And do you have a mentor(s)?
5. What kind of support do you want? And what kind of time can you dedicate to this change?
Post Doc, Ph.D. or M.D.
The Ph.D. community is experiencing change everywhere. One that the Atlantic addresses in “The Ever-Tightening Job Market for PhDs.”
Outside of Higher Ed / Academia, there is clear tools or tracks for Ph.D. students or Ph.D.s to utilize to embrace change.
Let us give you the communication tools needed to professionally evolve.
1. Why are you struggling? Communications, Job Search, Industry Change, or Other?
2. Are you clear about your value proposition? And how do you communicate your goals, brand and value to your audience?
3. If you are you leaving Academia, how are you leveraging your experience, connections and knowledge everyday to find an opportunity? And do you have a mentor(s)?
4. Why are you leaving your position? What is important in the next position? And in finding a new position are you being proactive or reactive?
5. How do you compare to others in your industry/field/job market? And what does your career map look like over the next 3, 5 & 7 years?
BE PROACTIVE with your career